Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Since it's trendy to be green, and people have caught up to me using florescent bulbs in light fixtures (the florescent bulb on my night stand has outlasted two lamps I put it in), you should know that I am one green SOB. I have two Linux computers, and as soon as I can get the right size CD/DVD drive, I'll have three. Linux reduces computer e-waste by 50%.

If you have a Windoze computer and want to be as green as me, send me $250 every year and I will send you a certificate stating that you have paid your karmic indulgence and are as green as me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nigel G Mitchell said...

When the florescent bulbs burn out, don't throw them in the trash - they have mercury, a hazard to the environment. Chew on that, greenie!

But seriously, somebody needs to set up a reclamation center at Wal-Mart and other places where the bulbs are sold, so we can dispose of them safely.

8:27 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I think Environmental Defense, who has long lobbied against using mercury in cars and manufacturing, but thinks it's perfectly fine for us to have it in our homes. And, companies that manufacture the bulbs should be required to pay for any EPA clean up bills incurred when those puppies break in our house. Was it in Maine that a family had to pay the state $10,000 to clean their house when a bulb was dropped?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home