Thursday, February 15, 2007

I am taking the day off, and since this is my long weekend, I won't be going back to work until Wednesday. I had a few plans for this time off. But they're shot to hell.

Last Saturday, about 7 pm, my nose started running. By morning, my sinuses were packed to the rafters. I had a few allergy pills from the last spell, but I still woke up in the middle of the night, nose blocked, and gasping for air.

I went to the pharmacy to get something strong. Since they have moved the strong stuff behind the counter, FSM only knows why, I had to show my drivers license, give my SSN, address and phone number. After getting the preliminaries done, I told the lady "I am stuffed up. I want something that will drop the humidity by a couple of points. I want something that will evaporate the bottle of water on my desk. I want something that will dry my sinuses so fast, my face will collapse."

She hands me Mucinex D. According to the back of the box, this stuff is so powerful I only need two every 12 hours. So I went home last night, popped two and went to sleep. Never had a problem! I still feel like crap, mind you, and I expect to spend much of the day in a recliner moaning, but maybe I won't be blowing my nose so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home