Thursday, January 26, 2006

NBC has cancelled "Book of Daniel" for pretty much the reason I thought they would: low ratings. The Tupelo, Mississippi-based American Family Association, henceforth known as America's Taliban has credited their boycott of advertisers as being the reason, but all they did was drive folks to the premiere.

Six point nine million viewers watched the premiere episode. By the fourth week the number was down to 5.8 million. Any show that loses a quarter-million viewers a week will get cancelled. It doesn't matter if you tell advertisers you won't buy their crap or if you will buy their crap.

I thought the premise of the show--an Episcopalian priest with a pill habit who holds regular conversations with Jesus, has a promiscuous son and a daughter who deals marijuana--was a little stupid. It's one thing to have flawed characters, but every series has a good guy. It didn't sound like there was one in show. I stayed away because it didn't appeal to me. Not because the Taliban told me what to think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my wiretap post. I was looking forward to watching that show. Never got around to though. Now it seems I never will.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home