Monday, September 17, 2007

Recently, scientists went over all the aspartame research and found that it was not as dangerous as previously thought. It was found to be safe.

I'm old enough to have lived through this kind of crap before. As I was growing up, eggs were bad for you. Now, they are good for you again. Same with salt. That's the beauty of science, a peer reviewed study can be wrong. Eventually the truth will out, as they say.

Then I read that the study was paid for by aspartame's manufacturer.

Hmm.

Scientists have to eat, or at the very least, bring revenue into the school, so should I be upset that the study supported the claim of the sponsor? No. Sometimes, a manufacturer has to prove his product is safe, and they have to pay for the time spent doing the research.

But I am taking the findings with a grain of salt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home