Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Since today is the day we're to celebrate our freedom, I have decided to say: I am against any flag burning amendment.

I know, I know: it's the symbol of our country. But if we use items mass produced in China as the symbol of our country, then Hello Kitty merchandise can be considered symbols of our country as well. If the flag is sooooo special, shouldn't we make them here?

Yes, I watch John Ratzenberger's Made in America, and I saw the episode where he visited the factory that made flags. I know they make American flags here.

All I'm saying is that is the flag was that important to you, you would buy the more expensive, Made in America model rather than the cheaper, Sold at Wal-Mart, made in a communist country model. You would buy American, is all I'm saying. Spend the extra money!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - just found you surfing through Blogexplosion and I just have to say...HELL YEA!!

The hypocrisy of people can be absolutely mind blowing at times. There's a quote from the movie The American President that I particularly love, referring ot his subject: (I may screw this up a bit, but it's something like this)

"You want to celebrate freedom, then the symbol of that freedom cannot just be a flag, but the right of one man to burn that flag in protest. Celebrate that, sing about that in your anthems and then talk to me about the land of the free."

Okay, I KNOW I fucked that up. Damn. It's a great quote too...but you get the idea. Anyway, enjoyed your blog, blogmarked ya and I'll stop back by!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home