Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Faced with huge consumer outrage, the credit card industy is also facing some new legislation. Some Congressjerks are even on our side, and trying to limit interest rates and penalty fees.

And it's not just cardholders who are upset. Merchants are angry that credit card fees they pay are continuing to rise.

Most credit card companies charge you and me, for example, 23% on all charges we make. But they aren't done collecting fees! They charge the merchant who took our plastic money a fee of 23 to 50 cents for each transaction. And that fee continues to rise.

Let's face it. Using a credit card does nothing but make you poor, cut into the vendor's margin, and give the credit card companies a license to print money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How right you are. I don't have credit cards anymore. I finally realized that I was getting screwed. I sometimes feel that I cant win and no one really cares certainly no on in Washington.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home