Sunday, March 27, 2005

I ran across an article that scares the heck out of me.

The inventor of a Fox News blocker, who has blocked the chanel with his remote control, says this isn't about Free Speech, but about sending a message. Yet, he still watches Fox News when he needs a giggle.

I think the Fox News blocker in unnecessary. Freedom of Speech does not equate to a Right to be Heard. If I don't like what someone is saying, I know how to operate the remote. Apparently, Mr. Inventor beleives people are so stupid that they will beleive anything they hear, and are incapable of changing the channel.

I hope no one watched the Dragon show on Animal Planet last night. Otherwise we'll be inundated with folks who want to protect the dragon population.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Amen brother. Finally someone with the understanding that Freedom of Speech in no way implies that you have the Right to be Heard. Another little thing that cracks me up is when you say something about ooh, lets say, Jacko being guilty and some idiot says "he's innocent until proven guilty". That law applies in no other place than in the courts. Just because someone hasn't been convicted, doesn't mean they're innocent.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I see, unfortunately, far too many people really do believe everything they hear on the news and such. They will even offer such statements as "It was on the news!" if you show any sign of skepticism. So much for thinking for yourself huh?

weezel: I agree with you...I have the right to state or believe in someone's guilt or innocence as I see it. Question: Does an accused person's "innocent till proven guilty" status therefore mean the accusor has a "liar till proven truthful" status?

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home