Friday, January 20, 2012

I am a skeptic.

I do not believe in ghosts or spirits. I do not believe in invisible people in the sky who control our destiny. I do not believe in Bigfoot, Yeti, chupacabra, mok'ele-mbembe, Nessie or Champ. (Google 'em.) I do not believe that John Edwards, Sylvia Browne, or Derek Acora actually communicate with spirits. I do not believe in astral projection or ESP.

Oddly, I find myself watching Ghost Hunters and Monster Quest every time they are on.

The other day, a friend told me this story: While driving from Houston to Seguin on IH-10 to her in-laws' home with her three kids the car broke down. She pulled over to the side of the road, and began to panic. Her oldest kid was six, the youngest was two. She looked in her rear view mirror, and a white tow truck had pulled up behind her. Two men in white jumpsuits climbed out of the cab of the truck and got her car fixed so she could get to Seguin. When she told one of the men they were angels for helping her, he didn't respond. She got back in her car, told her kids to turn around and wave to the nice men. She looked in the rear view mirror to see them wave and noticed that the tow truck was gone and was nowhere to be seen. She believes that they were, indeed, actual angels.

I don't doubt her story. But, I don't believe they were angels.

However, I would like to believe in all this stuff. So I am an open minded skeptic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home