Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Yesterday, the boss said I should visit my nephew when he is deployed to Japan. I laughed and said it wasn't likely to happen. What I should've said was:

"In August I broke my leg, and because my employer is too cheap to get insurance, I now have an extra $20,000 in debts that I didn't have in July. Congress closed the bankruptcy door for individuals. Then they passed a bill doubling the minimums on all my credit cards. The $400 a month I was paying turned into $800 a month. The only thing that hasn't increased is my paycheck! How was your vacation in Breckinridge, by the way? You know, the one where you went to Vail one day to meet with the software vendor at their office so that you could write off the trip as a business expense?"

But I'm too nice to say something like that.

Dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home