Friday, August 12, 2005

I count five majority minority states, but the caption says four.  Hrm.

Texas has become the fourth state to have minorities outnumber the majority. According to a Chicago Sun-Times story, minorities in Texas are 50.2% of the population. While Texas wasn't the first to reach this notable milestone (California, New Mexico and Hawaii beat us to it), at least we are ahead of Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York and Arizona.

It's nice to see texas at the top of one of these lists. We've been at the bottom of the education list forever.

But, I guess I need to make a few changes to the blog. So in the words of Kent Brockman: "I, para uno, dan la bienvenida a nuestros overlords nuevos [ de la minoría ]. Quisiera recordarlos como una personalidad confiada en de la TV [ o blogger ], yo puedo ser provechoso en el redondeo encima de otros a trabajar en sus cuevas subterráneas del azúcar."

Translation by BabelFish.

For those of you too lazy to cut and paste and let Alta Vista do the work for you, here's the translation:

"I, for one, welcome our new [minority] overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted TV personality [or blogger], I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves." -- Kent Brockman and me

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home