Saturday, August 06, 2005

I think I'm getting my annual case of motorcycle fever.

To hell with the Prius, I want this!!

The ENV (pronounced "envy") is a fuell cell motorcycle that runs silent, at a top speed of 50 mph. The only exhaust is heat and water. The article says, "Users have compared riding the nearly silent motorbike to skiing, sailing, surfing, and glider flying. 'If you go for a ride in the countryside, as you ride through it, you can smell the countryside, hear the birds singing, and you are not disturbing nature," Eggleston said. "Birds will not fly out of the way because they are terrified of the noise.' "

I do have two questions: 1) If fuel cell vehicles produce heat, does that affect global warming? And, 2) Where can I get compressed hydrogen for fuel?

The bikes are expected to be on the market at the end of 2006, and will cost between $6000 and $8000.

Until next year, I'll be practicing: arms outstretched in front of me, one hand twisting the accelerator, and I'll be trying to stop myself from saying "ring-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding."

1 Comments:

Blogger apples said...

That looks weird... I mean, elegant, straight lines, gray and black. But still.. it looks like there's something missing. What if you slip back, off your seat? You can say goodbye to your bits when you land on that wheel...

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home