Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Next Car

2005 Toyota Prius

As much as I like sitting up high in traffic, being able to see down into cars and checking out the seat covers, The cost of gas is high enough now, that I want a car. Not something built on a truck chasis, but a car. A streamlined, higher mileage vehicle. When gas was $1.39 a gallon, I was pleased with 25 mpg on the highway, and 13 mpg in town. Not anymore!

I want a car that gets great gas mileage. That pretty much limits me to the 2 hybrid vehicles on the market: the Toyota Prius, or the Honda Accord Hybrid.

After playing around with the payment calculators, I've decide to go for either a Prius, or a used Honda Accord Hybrid. The price would be about the same.

So the new counter on the right will be called: Hybrid Downpayment!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard this year or next Toyota will be introducing a hybrid Camry. No word on cost. I'm working towards a hybrid myself. With the cost of gas nowadays, it'll pay for itself within the first year.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

How come you didn't consider the Hybrid Civic? It's way cheaper and gets incredible mileage. I have a Civic (bought just before hybrids came out, plus I don't drive enough miles to justify the additional cost), and I'm very happy with the car and room inside.

Next week for finance Wednesday, I think I'll write a bit about cars ...

8:33 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

According to Yahoo!'s auto page, a Honda Civic Hybrid goes for around $30,000. The Prius for about $20,000. I did find a used Honda for $20,000. So either one is doable.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love a hybrid! I haven't been able to find any used though.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home