Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Once I get my credit cards paid to manageable level (meaning: Once I pay off everybody but Discover--who I want to get down to $1000), I need to buy a car. That's the whole reason for freeing myself from debt: To incur more.

So the plan is to take all of next year paying off credit cards and stuffing money into my savings account for a down payment.

I have been saving 10% of my check every pay period, but that isn't going to be enough. And then I write a few overdrafts and have to pull the money out. *sigh* So, I'm going to put new trackers on the site. I've got to do this in more or less public, or else I'll just blow it off.

The first tracker will track my savings. I want to save 20% of the cost of whatever car I want to buy, plus half again as much.

The other tracker will be a overdraft counter. I want to see no more than 2 overdrafts for the rest of the year.

Tomorrow: My next car.

3 Comments:

Blogger LingLing said...

hi ya jeffrey!

thanks for stopping by my blog!
good luck to you in paying things off....I'm going to post my own appeal for funds on friday. What the fuck!--can't hurt!

Hey do you get money everytime someone clicks on those google ads? if so let me know, i'll come back and click loads....
cheers, LingLing

9:49 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Let's just say I won't be retiring this year, but there is money in Google ads. Slow but sure.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yeah - I've been making 8 cents a day - soon I will be able to retire *grin*!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home