Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The American Family Association, a pro-family organization that had been conducting a nine year boycott of Disney, announced today they were ending their boycott.

If I recall correctly, they started the boycott in response to Disney's policy towards homosexuals. Like any profit seeking business, Disney said, "Hm. They have money. How can we get it from them?" So they became gay friendly. (Just an aside, here. Where I work, we once got a call from a gentleman who wanted to know if we were gay friendly. I said, "Sir, if I can preauthorize the charges on your credit card, we are gay friendly. If I can't, we aren't.")

The end of the boycott does not mean they are endorsing Disney, i.e., that they won. They just have other fish to fry.

"Now that your candidate has won the election, what do you want to do?"

"Go to Disneyland!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home