Friday, September 15, 2006

The other day , I had to go to Wal-Mart for a printer cartridge. They're the only place in town that sells them. I followed in to women in their mid to late forties, and their daughters, in their mid to late twenties. They turned left as I made my way all the way back to the electronics department.

On my way out, I spotted the four women in Health and Beauty Aids. The moms were in the section where you get foot pads, shoe inserts and the like. The daughters were in the makeup section.

That's what it's like getting older, I decided. When you're young, it's about the looks. When you're older it's about the comfort. I used to wear tight pants and shirts. Now, if the clothes aren't tent like, I'm not interested. Sometimes, I feel like Homer did when he wore his mumu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home