Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I am sick to death of attack politics. Just to make things clear, I am a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian. I do not believe that Global Warming is as bad as Al Gore says it is. (Hell, even Al Gore doesn't believe Global Warming is as bad as he says it is: "I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are," he said.) I believe that we should recycle at every opportunity and do whatever we can do reduce our use of natural resources. (And if you want to know what attack politics is like, post a blog entry saying you don't believe Global warming is a big threat and see how the worshippers at the Church of Global Warming react. It's a lot like saying you're for gay marriage and being blasted by the Fundies.)

I believe we should have continued the War on Terror, and brought Osama bin Laden and his thugs to justice. I do not believe we had a reason to invade Iraq, and that Bush gave "an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are," as a famous statesman once said.

I believe in Free Market Capitalism and am, at the same time, concerned that our government is bought and paid for by corporations. And they buy politicians on both sides of the aisle.

I believe that the Religious Right is perhaps the greatest threat to our civil liberties and our nation's educational standards. I believe that political correctness and diversity education are a close second. You should be able to read Mark Twain in school. And I believe that the word "niggardly" is not a racist term and is entomologically not even related to the "N-Word." Being offended by "niggardly" is like being offended by the words "cockpit" or "pussy willow" or "titmouse."

I believe that political extremism is evil. Burning cars to protest a G7 meeting is a crime. And I find a 20% voter turnout obscene, as well as indicative of the general level of dissatisfaction the voters have with the two parties in this country.

I believe that no one is offended enough by the current epidemic of teachers sleeping with students. And I believe that people are too offended by that cover of Baby Talk magazine that showed the side of a breast.

Now that I have explained what I believe, let the attacks on my intelligence, virility, and sexual orientation begin. Just don't burn my car. I have to be at work in a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home