Monday, February 27, 2006

Since May of 2001, I have been in the hospital twice and generated more than $50,000 in medical bills. The first time, I got public assistance and the bill was cut by 80%. I mentioned to my employer that one of her employees had to get Indigent Care from the County to pay their hospital bills. She didn 't take the hint. In August, I incurred about $20,000 in medical bills when I broke my leg. Indigent Care only took care of about 50% this time. I mentioned it to my employer. Once more she didn't take the hint. One of my co-workers thought she was having heart problems and she has managed to rack up some impressive bills, though no where in my league. Whenever the boss is in earshot, we complain about medical bills.

I have a job interview today.

I applied for a position at the admitting desk at the hospital two weeks ago. I got a call on Friday setting up the interview. This is, like, the sixth time I have applied at the hospital, and the only time I have been called in for an interview. The hospital is one of the few places in town that offer insurance. Should I get the job, I will be taking a $3/hour pay cut. But having insurance will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home