Friday, June 24, 2005

Way, way back, I bought a cassette tape of Roger Glover's The Mask. I worked at a small grocery store in a small town, and foolishly thought I could leave my tape case in my car with the windows down. Bastards!

For the last few months, I've been hearing the opening lines in my head:

It's later on a Wednesday, the sun is going down,
I'm standing naked by a swimming pool, there's no one around,
my imagination wanders back, red dust is always there
we lay together in the jungle, and love was in the air.

I have spent those months searching for the song on the Internet (Screw the RIAA! When songs are out of print, you should be able to download them online!), with no luck. I tried Tower Records and Amazon and the freaking album was always out of print!

I tried KaZaa, but with no luck. i tried posting in newsgroups looking for an MP3 of the song, but no one ever responded. So much for the comeraderie of the Web.

I searched today on Tower and finally found one in stock! So, $23 later, I will have a CD that has the one song that I have been hearing in my head for months! No offense to Roger Glover, but I didn't like the rest of the album.

It's no wonder I can't control my debt.

*SIGH!*

1 Comments:

Blogger Vito said...

Dude it is your lucky day! Hurray and cancel that order and go here http://songs.allofmp3.com/mcatalog.shtml?group=4717&album=3&albref=25
You can buy just songs here. But don't tell too many people. I'm afraid if a lot of people start going here somehow it will get ruined.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home