Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Madonna just got her eight year old daughter, Lourdes, a credit card with a $10,000 limit.

Hey, Lourdes! Welcome to my consumerist, trend conscious, spend-it-while-you-can lifestyle. If I am any indication, it shouldn't take too long to max that thing out.

Hey, Madonna! Can I be your kid? I'll call you mommy. Then you can pay both Lourdes' and my credit card bills. Please, mommy?

(Hey! It's worth a shot. I signed up for iWon.com and I buy lottery tickets.)

In related news, A Jefferson County Colorado official had his county card suspended after running up a sizable tab. I wonder if I should apply for a job in Denver?

A few years ago, I read a report that since the Federal government issued credit cards to some of its employees, they tripled the amount of money they were spending. Folks were making personal purchases and letting you and me pick up the tab.

Damn! I needs me a government job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home