Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Oops. I did it again.

I sold about $150 worth of stuff on eBay, and another $40 on Amazon. I transferred the money over the previous weekend.

Then I wrote a couple of checks.

Naturally, they bounced. What with the delay in transferring the money, by the time my $150 from eBay hit the account, it only covered the overdraft fees. Amazon takes 5 days to transfer, so I'm waiting to see when those will hit. My paycheck arrived to cover the rest, but I made a few payments, so I'm sure the bank is holding the other overdraft charges until right before the other checks are presented to increase their profits.

Congress recently passed a law, allowing banks to electronically transfer funds from consumer checking accounts to the business accounts they write checks to. However, they didn't grant us check writers the same privelige. They still hold deposits on our accounts According to a news story I read a few days ago (that I can't find, dammit) Congress is considering a law that would reduce the deposit hold time. Naturally, banks are opposed to this.

Anyway, I've been doing a little part-time work for Fredericksburg Area Lodging Association. So if you're in the market for lodging in the Fredericksburg, Texas area, give them a try. I could use the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home