Sunday, February 27, 2005

I've gotten back into home brewing beer. It is an expensive and addicting hobby, to be sure.

A friend of mine has graciously allowed me to use his workshop and is helping buy ingredients. A couple of weeks ago, we brewed a HopTech kit called American Light Ale. I had hoped to bottle it last week, but the Iwo Jima celebration in Fredericksburg ate up all my time. Instead we racked it to secondary, and bottled this weekend.

I thought I had enough bottles, but wound up a six pack short. Well, we weren't about to let that beer go to waste. It was plenty carbonated, so we drank the excess. It was great! A bit hoppy, but great!

Next, my buddy is going to order a Raspberry Wheat and an Old American Ale from Williams Brewing. Hopefully, we'll have our own little brewery making great beers before we both get bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home