Monday, May 14, 2007

I hope everyone had a Happy Female Parental Unit day. I hope that, like Chri$tma$ and Ea$ter, you celebrated the true meaning of the holiday by buying gifts. Oh, wait! That is the true meaning of the holiday.

The card companies have pushed Mother's Day with a ferocity comparable only to Valentine's Day, aided and abetted by the chocolate industry. Instead of honoring mom, we buy her a card, some candy and take her to dinner. And as long as we're spending money, the big corporations are happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacCannell said...

you betcha. i wrote my mom a letter. she'll like that much better than a card. we are just consumers though eh? I hear ya.

7:38 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

We are consumers, for sure. On Monday, the day after Mothers' Day, I received three spam emails reminding me that it wasn't too late to order for Fathers' Day.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home