Tuesday, August 30, 2005

When I worked for the cigarette company, I stopped at a grocery store in South Austin. It was a rainy day, and the store had several of those orange "Slippery When Wet" signs up around the doors. Sure enough, a woman in her mid-forties is running from her car into the store when she slips on the sidewalk in front of the door. Before she could get to her feet, the manager of every department of the store descended on her, helped her up, got her a seat, called EMS. The woman tried to brush off the attention, but the manager explained that they were just concerned about her health. Hell, I could tell they were only trying to head off a lawsuit.

Why haven't I heard from the City? I broke my ankle on their property. Wouldn't an attorney fo the city have contacted me by now?

I'm not sure that I intend to sue, but it would certainly pay for my ambulance ride and hospital stay. Shouldn't they City be trying to head it off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home